171 Dawson Street Room 227
Sandusky, MI 48471
Phone: (810) 648-0212
FAX:(810) 648-2353


The Michigan Veterans Trust Fund is tasked with the housing of certain military discharges. We can assist you in requesting your DD-214. The following military discharges are located at MVTF:

  • World War II bonus records
  • Korean War bonus records
  • Vietnam Conflict bonus records
  • Copy six from 1980 to the present

Another means to request your military discharge is through National Personnel Records Center. Items that are located at NPRC are:

  • military personnel records, health records while a person was in military service
  • clinical (hospital inpatient) records
  • organizational records and outpatient medical treatment given at military medical facilities to dependents and military retirees.

Items that are not at NPRC are:

  • VA records
  • pay records
  • records of veterans who have been separated but retain some sort of reserve status, whether active or inactive
  • records that are destined for NPRC but have not yet arrived because the discharge was fairly recent
  • National Guard records

On July 12, 1973, a fire at NPRC destroyed about 80% of the records for Army personnel discharged between November 1, 1912, and January 1, 1960, and about 75% of the records for Air Force personnel with surnames from Hubbard thru “Z” discharged between September 25, 1947, and January 1, 1964.